Spicy Cracker

Hello world, I'm here so I'll have to deal with you as much as you have to deal with me.

 
Other things
I'm a million things, but what I am not is amused.
Other things
My amazing husband is my life line and no one person will every come between us.
Other things
There are way to many other things in this template.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
R O C K S vs flamingo
Saturday, February 11, 2006

OH Where OH Where do I begin...

As you know I've been trying to get settled in the new house. The way it works around here is you get a basic front yard then you have to go and find things you would like for your front yard. (Pretty basic this is how it normally works right?)

I wanted a plastic pink Flamingo... I would've been very very very happy with a plastic pink flamingo..... I seriously wanted this flamingo.... guess what ..... I couldn't find a flamingo. (I like typing the word flamingo :) )

Hubs has been on leave for 2 weeks... he gets easily distracted, and or entertained (depends on how you look at it) He on the other hand ... really wanted some really big Rocks for the front yard, and living in the desert type mountain area that we do.... you can get them free or you can pay for them ... but being you can get them free it's quite silly to pay for them.... or so I thought.

Minding my own business doing my Pre-calculus College homework and a photography project at the same time he runs into the office and says.... "Oh man did you see that huge pile of rocks out there?" Now to let you know the builder is still building more houses and well they are clearing land and having to move what would end up being very expensive rock later on but for the moment they are free. (Or we like to think.)

He squirming like a kid in a candy store really wanting to drag me out there to see what the hell is going on, I tell him go on and say you have the 4 x 4 let me do my homework and if you see something come back and get me. Huge mistake on my part.

Not 10 mins later he's back in the house, trying to get me to go back there with him cause apparently Baby Jesus himself has been embedded into a rock and that's the one he has to have. Reluctantly we go, I had a really bad feeling about me going back there. I just felt really off. I even told him so he assured me that everything would be ok.

We get there....

There are soooooo many rocks. (Still thinking about my Plastic Pink Flamingo.)

There it is ... the Baby Jesus Rock. It has to be 300 pounds. "Are you kidding me? You think I help you lift it? We can't even roll it!" Watching him was like watching a lone ant try to carry a slice of bread off a picnic blanket.

A few mins later I'm walking around just looking and picking out a few small ones.... I take a step and l o s e my bALancE I stepped on an oddly shaped rock about the size of a golf ball I didn't see cause I had another rock in my hands. Down I go. Almost slamming my head into the 300 lb + Baby Jesus Rock... Luckily I saw it coming I turned my body and hit it with my back, I've torn, something in my foot. O M G I'm going to died. (Not really but for a brief moment I wanted to kill hubs)

I had a bad feeling in the beginning ... I've learned to listen to that little voice. 2 1/2 days laid up. It's getting better. Aleve is my friend. (and I've almost caught up on my homework)

And all he could say was, "I'm sorry you didn't watch what you were doing and you made yourself fall down." oh yea you guessed it folks, I about lost my ever loving mind. I didn't want to go out there in the first place. I was the one that said I had a bad feeling something was going to happen. I truly believe in Karma..... but yet... this was solely and completely my fault. Yep. Personally if you can't just give an apology and don't know a damn thing about empathy. I suggest you don't give back handed ones. That's just me.

I still want my Plastic Pink Flamingo!!!!!!

But as you can see I found something pretty close and it makes noise. :)

Later Days
posted by Spicy Cracker @ 8:07 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 12:35 PM, February 11, 2006, Blogger Bunny said…

    I'm sure I can find ya a flamingo down here. Are you seriously wanting one? I've been trying to find you guys a housewarming gift that won't cost me an arm & a leg to ship out there.

     
  • At 5:31 PM, February 11, 2006, Blogger Spicy Cracker said…

    HB: way cool.... :)

     
  • At 10:01 AM, February 12, 2006, Blogger Norman said…

    FLAMINGOS ROCK!

    My brother lives in an area where they strictly adhere to the "anti-tackiness" factor. For some reason - plastic pink flamingoes are considered 'tacky' in this neighborhood. (whatever!!! I love the flamingoes!) LOL. Anyway - my parents ordered 50 pink flamingoes and snuck over to his house and stuck every single one of them in his front yard. It was great!

    The home association people (translate that to 'snobby yard policy') were infuriated and ORDERED him to take them down. So he did. But later that night he snuck over to the association president's house and put them all in HIS yard! BWWWAAAHAHAHHAAA!

    The end result? The Home Association owner decided it was actually quite funny. All the flamingoes are in hiding now - and they randomly select a person once a week to host the flock. The person that wakes up to a pink flock is thereby selected to hold the weekly neighborhood BBQ. Pretty funny, eh?

    Sorry for the 'book'!!

    Norman!

     
  • At 11:39 AM, February 12, 2006, Blogger Spicy Cracker said…

    Norm I love that Idea! I might just have a plan...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Spicy Cracker
Home: Any Where, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Spicy Cracker Template by Isnaini Dot Com